Friday, June 27, 2014

Google IO

I don't know how I got so much interested in technological stuffs, I know it was subconsciously inside me but I cannot remember what triggered me over technology. Recently we got over WWDC by Apple and now its Google time with Google IO.

Either through tech blogs or feeds or Facebook page or posts people are more or less into technology and know more or less about technology, so people are slowly and unknowingly building expectations within themselves about the future of technology. With every dev focused conference like WWDC or even Google IO at the end of the day people are like with Okay feeling rather than getting excited over the development, one of the main reason to being Okay from a Wow is its mostly for devs and not all the people watching are devs, most of them are watching keynote and off, but overall its good coz more people are getting engaged.

With WWDC, I am excited over Yosemite i.e. new version of the Apple's OS X coming soon and with the Google IO with Android L which I have preview installed. The future of search by Ray Kurzweil is something to look forward with time but for now its being materialistic over material design :-). I don't know about others but I am using it as regular OS on my regular phone and its smooth as far as I have used. Its more like adding retouch on both iOS and legacy Android. I had earlier used dev preview of Windows 8 even the consumer preview but didn't find anything so to worry about on the Preview versions and same is for the Android L. Moving to android L, as addressed so much on Keynote, the experience is good with more depth and animation thing going on, and the animation is more like sliding underneath the other layout which is similar to the multi tab of chrome thing but is highly polished, even the recent window are multi tabbed, they have worked in details and design for this version, touch are responsive with ripple effect, the notification are on the lock screen with a fixed line grid layout but when its slightly lower down notification expands which is good detailing but needs more days to get used to it, the dialer more colourful, overall the feel this time is definitely like installing a UPDATE rather than just incrementing the version number beneath, so its now the UX thats slowly taking on Android. Now its ART all the way, which was optional for the earlier version of Nexus 5.

When I saw news about android L on preview mode regardless of warning I jumped straight into it and got it done and I am happy that I am using it without breaking anything beneath of my hard earned Nexus 5 :-)

Happy Technology

  








No comments :

Post a Comment